Sunday, March 10, 2013

THE BLOG TURNS ONE! And recipe 148: the yummiest meatloaf ever!

Since you last heard from me, the blog turned one! Happy first birthday, Bloggy!

A lot happens in a year! My tried-and-true recipes skyrocketed from 133 to 201! I still have 54 tried-and-true recipes to post. And I have a list of 104 recipes left to try and make, a list that is forever expanding and simultaneously being edited. The first post incorporating a Venn diagram is 10-fold the most viewed post (because of the Venn and not the beans or caprese). The next most-viewed post is the post on chunky monkey pancakes: http://cookingmywaytothe365.blogspot.com/2012/04/recipes-23-and-24-chunkey-monkey.html. The things people search for that lead them to my blog still crack me up, such as this recent search: "made my own dirndl." In the past year, I've been on trips to Jamaica, Bermuda, Florida (twice), Vegas, California, Montana, New Orleans, DC, Maine, the Poconos, and Vermont. I've read a ton of books. I've moved. I've switched offices. I've weathered a hurricane. I've done A LOT of things at work that I can't write about. I've so far made it through over three weeks of Lent-with-no-Diet-Coke. I've brought the wedding count up to 43 weddings of non-relatives. I've semi-committed to hot yoga. I've come to terms with the fact that Tristan makes better tomato sauce than me. I've grown to like Hoboken a tad bit better, which is good because there are no plans to move away from here anytime soon. I've become a better cook! We shall see what Year Two of Bloggy brings. I can promise that it will bring pictures with every recipe. I can also promise that Bloggy will lay off the Venns a little bit. And other than that, who knows! We'll see!

So lately, Tristan and I are both loving this meatloaf recipe. In fact, it's what we ate for dinner on Valentine's Day. This is an interesting turn of events, because I absolutely abhorred meatloaf as a child. Meatloaf nights were nights when wee Tiff would beg to peace out and eat dinner at a friend's house (or even a neighbor's house). The times have changed because I love, love, love this recipe. It comes to you adapted from The Pioneer Woman: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/09/my-favorite-meatloaf/

THE YUMMIEST MEATLOAF EVER!
Ingredients:
-breadcrumbs (maybe about 3/4 c) and enough milk to just moisten them
-1 lb ground beef
-1/2 c grated parm
-salt and pepper
-1/3 c minced parsely
-2 eggs, beaten
-5, 6, or 7 slices of bacon
-3/4 c ketchup
-1/4 c brown sugar
-squirt of mustard
-squirt of hot sauce or sriracha

Instructions:
1) preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2) mix the ingredients from the breadcrumbs through the eggs just until combined
3) form into a loaf on a cookie sheet lined with foil
4) lay the bacon slices on top and tuck the ends of the bacon underneath the meatloaf
5) make the sauce by stirring together the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, and hot sauce
6) pour 1/3 of the sauce over the bacon and spread on top
 7) bake for 45 minutes and pour another 1/3 of the sauce on top, spread, and bake for an additional 15 minutes
 8) remove from the oven, slice the meatloaf and serve with the remaining sauce
YUM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment