Sunday, October 21, 2012

New Orleans... city of FOOD!

So I've been away for the past four weekends and have been crazy busy with work during those in-between weekend times, but here, enjoy this short blog intermission of everything I ate during only 48 hours in New Orleans. It is quite hard to believe that one smallish individual could consume this much food in such a short period of time, but consume it I did and enjoy it I did. Here you go, complete with my personal ranking, 10 being perfection:

Muffuletta from Central Grocery: 9/10
Bananas Foster and Bread Pudding from Court of Two Sisters: 7/10

Bacon-wrapped Shrimp and Grits with Red Eye Gravy from Mr. B's Bistro: 9.5/10
Pralines from I can't remember where: 6/10 (too sweet for this girl with a salt tooth as opposed to a sweet tooth)
Cafe au Lait and Beignets from Cafe du Monde: 9/10 (old Salt Tooth does enjoy sweet things from time to time)

Oysters (the biggest ones I've ever seen) from Acme Oyster House: 8/10 (note: I chickened out, made my sister eat these two, and asked for a smaller one for myself)

Shrimp Po Boy from Acme Oyster House: 9/10

Not pictured but thoroughly enjoyed: Eggs Benedict from Court of Two Sisters: 8.5/10
Not pictured but not thoroughly enjoyed: Turtle Soup from Court of Two Sisters: Minus 3 trillion/10
Quote I will probably never hear again but did hear during the turtle soup ordeal: "Get more turtle on that spoon or it doesn't count, Tiff!" This story begs for a list of the craziest things I've ever eaten, so here you go in no particular order: turtle soup, crocodile pizza, roasted emu, roasted kangaroo, roasted camel, tom yum jellyfish soup, and whale (controversial but true).

No comments:

Post a Comment