Friday, August 10, 2012

recipe 65: the grilled white peaches that will change the world (aka the best invention ever)!

I'm taking a brief pause from one-thing-after-another life to bring you this very important message about a recipe I invented all by myself in Loveladies last weekend. Loveladies: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loveladies,_New_Jersey! This recipe is the best. No really, a LOT of stuff was grilled and the peaches won by unanimous vote. When I say a "LOT," I mean unadulterated gluttony. The peaches won! They won, they won, they won! Here is how you make them:

GRILLED WHITE PEACHES WITH HONEY-BALSAMIC SAUCE AND GOAT CHEESE
Ingredients:
-sliced ripe white peaches (but not too ripe!)
-equal ratio of balsamic vinegar and honey, enough to coat the peaches and maybe a little extra
-the teeniest squeeze of fresh lime juice (I used this mainly as a preservative because I wanted to swim while the peaches were soaking in the sauce... it can probably be eliminated)
-goat cheese to taste

Instructions:
1) slice the peaches into grilling-friendly slices (see photo below)
2) mix the honey and the balsamic and squeeze in a little lime
3) coat the peaches with the sauce and let sit at room temperature
4) go for a swim!  (I love water so much! It is shocking that my zodiac sign isn't a water sign. That has really always baffled me!)
5) swim away and forget about those peaches!
6) keep right on swimming until your desired level of swimingness is complete!
7) grill the peaches but save the sauce right in the original container
8) after the peaches are grilled, put them back in the sauce
9) sprinkle on some goat cheese and stir it all together
Also, I want to put out there right now that I'm going to power yoga tonight right after work and right before Manasquan. I'm writing this because that means it will happen. My yoga mat is in tow. There's no turning back now. I would not want to disappoint my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment